Who WE are

NY, United States
Major M.I.N.C. Radio (MMR) is a blog site with a combination of Entertainment News updates, Independent artist music & promotional updates. The goal of MMR is to continue to penetrate the World Wide Web with people who are focused on making a difference no matter the industry. We pride ourselves in bridging the gap between the beginning successor and the most profound in the industry. To be added to our site: MAJORMINCRADIO@GMAIL.COM

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

IGNORANT OR NOT.............. YOU BE THE JUDGE

When I first got married, nine years ago, I had a sister in law who home-schooled her four kids which then turned into five kids. I had a great deal of admiration for her and how dedicated she was to her kids; her husband as well. BUT, I always thought to myself that there was no way that I could do what she did-no way! Now, I realize it was basically my ignorance talking , or rather, thinking.
Now, I’m five months into my home-schooling journey with my own two children and I believe it is the best decision I have ever made regarding my children. Obviously, I changed my mind.*smiles.
Because I have my husband’s support and encouragement and assistance in home-schooling our children, I don’t really care about any one eles’s approval. That been said, here are some of the dumbest things that I have heard about home-schooling in the last few months:
1. “You’re damaging your children because they are not being socialized.”
Well, I should mention that my little girl went to one of the best performing public schools in our state and since our state is one of the highest performing states in the country, she could also have been at one of the best public schools in the country. The problem is that in the town we lived in, there were barely any non-white people, let alone Black people. What this translated to, for my little girl, was that she was always the only Black kid in her class.
What I observed her being “socialized” into thinking, at school, was that her hair was not long and beautiful enough, her skin was “too dark-like poop” and that she was too different to want to play with or invite to some of the other kids’ parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment