Who WE are

NY, United States
Major M.I.N.C. Radio (MMR) is a blog site with a combination of Entertainment News updates, Independent artist music & promotional updates. The goal of MMR is to continue to penetrate the World Wide Web with people who are focused on making a difference no matter the industry. We pride ourselves in bridging the gap between the beginning successor and the most profound in the industry. To be added to our site: MAJORMINCRADIO@GMAIL.COM

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Maya Angelou has died at 86 years old



Those who knew Maya Angelou and others inspired by her life, wisdom and words were remembering her Wednesday.

"Phenomenal Woman" -- the title of Angelou's poem celebrating the strength of women -- quickly trended worldwide on Twitter. Celebrity tweets also included "true inspiration," "hero" and "national treasure."
 
 

Others needed more than Twitter's 140 characters to express their personal loss.
-- Oprah Winfrey called Angelou her "mentor, mother/sister, and friend since my 20's."
Oprah: 'She will always be the rainbow in my clouds'
"She was there for me always, guiding me through some of the most important years of my life," Winfrey said. "The world knows her as a poet but at the heart of her, she was a teacher.  'When you learn, teach.  When you get, give' is one of my best lessons from her."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment